How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I recently received a small refund

This answer was rated:

I recently received a small refund from m&s for ppi. it was for £1,995 .tax of approx. £200 was deducted by the company before sending my settlement.i am a pensioner. and don't pay tax as my income is very low.can you tell me what form I need as after a very lengthy wait on the phone to tax office who promised to send said form out, ive heard nothing. can you help me please, its a lot of money to me ,thank you sue XXXX

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If you think you are entitled a repayment , you should complete Form R40 - Claim for repayment of tax deducted from savings and investments.

You can download the form from HMRC website here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.

More information on this can be found here