How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

My husband died 29.7.14 - he earned dividends from shares of

This answer was rated:

My husband died 29.7.14 - he earned dividends from shares of £3760 from 6.4.14 to date of death. I cannot find anywhere on my tax return to put this figure. Do I write separately to the Inspector of Taxes informing him of my late husband's income from shares. I did not have this information to hand when I filled in form R27.

The dividends received to the date your husband died are assessable on him, not you. As you appear to have submitted an R27, you would be best advised to write to the tax office you sent the R27 to or call if there is a number on the form and inform them of the dividends. If you husband was a basic rate taxpayer, there will be no further tax to pay.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you