Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

We have recently had a stairlift fitted because my wife has

we have recently had a stairlift fitted because my wife has trouble with her knees and we want to know if we have to pay vat on it or not
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Installation or repair and maintenance of lifts including stair lift may be zero-rated as per HMRC VAT Notice 701/7 - VAT reliefs for disabled and older people..

This is covered in Sec 6.5 with Building and Construction. Also read Sec 3 for customer eligibilty.

More information can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer, however I want this payment to be a one off and do not want to be paying a subscription

Brian, thank you for your reply.

This would be a one off payment. Please contact customer support at Just Answer to cancel your subsciption if you have ticked other boxes.

I don't have anything to do with admin/support.

I hope this is helpful.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate/accept the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.