Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

1. compensation - are these taxable, even if

1. compensation for accidents - are these taxable, even if received from outside the uk
2. buy to let property - if this is the only property owned by that person, is the profit on sale subject to capital gains tax.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Compensation or damages awarded for personal injury frpm accidents is non taxable.

Capital gain from sale of a buy to let property, albeit the only property owned by a person, is chargeable to CGT. You have to live in the property as your main residence to claim private residence relief against CGT.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a generous bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.