How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4970
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My name is***** am working at Colchester

This answer was rated:

Hello my name is***** am working at Colchester General Hospital as a word hostess in Housekeeping Department.I wasn't paid properly 2 month because somebody didn't send my return to work in January to payroll department.I have on my payslip 24 of April 127.65 hours basic payment and 26 of May 81.48 hours basic payment.I am working 162.95 hours.How look like matters with my payslip,because they wrote that I took Statuory sick pay?But I have been working these two month and I would like to get payment for my really work.I would like to know how much I should pay tax for these 116.77 hours what I wasn't paid last two month.My employee nr is 22792821.My email address ***@******.***

Hello Grazyna, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.

This is an independent tax information site and your problem is with the HR department within the hospital. It is up to the payroll administration to unscramble the mess. Comments like 'this is the fault of the housekeeping office' don't wash, someone in HR must take the lead and sort the matter out.

I would suggest that, if you are getting nowhere then call in your local trade union representative to assist. I remember long ago when I was one of these our principle problems were getting administrators to do their jobs properly on behalf of individual members.

In reality though, now we are out of the 14/15 tax year, there is actually not much they can do. By now you will have received your P60 from HR and to correct errors may need to self assess for tax to get things correct. Any over payment of tax will be refunded and any underpayment is usually collected through the 15/16 tax code.

I do hope my answer has been of some assistance to you and shown you a way forward.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.