How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7510
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a long retired pensioner(d.o. 1924) who years

Customer Question

I am a long retired pensioner(d.o.b 1924) who for many years until now has received each year a tax return form (most recently the short form) to be completed and returned by October. This practice seems to have ceased and I am uncertain now as to what action I should be taking (if any) to comply with current HMRC requirements - my income from pensions and any investments have always been very uncomplicated and have varied little from year to year. I should be grateful to receive HMRC's advice on the subject.
With thanks ***** Grover Tax Ref AA 35 43 83 A
Oxford OX4 2SQ
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

You say "I should be grateful to receive HMRC's advice on the subject." This site is not part of HM Revenue & Customs so I cannot look at your tax file.

I may be able to answer your question but before I do I thought I'd give you the chance to ask for a refund of your deposit. If you want me to answer your question, would you let me know what you receive before tax from each of your pensions and your investments please.