How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4783
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have converted a work/live unit to 2 flats Am I able to

This answer was rated:

I have converted a work/live unit to 2 flats
Am I able to claim back vat like I could if it was office to 2 flats
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able yo help you with your question. If this conversion is part of your business and the property ditto then there is no problem in reclaiming the input tax on your quarterly return in the normal manner. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Keith
I do property development and the property is converted to 2 flats
But I have seen contrary views as work live is let's say 50% office 50% living area so can you please review your answer
Kind regards
VAT Notice 708 indicates that these activities are zero or reduced rated for VAT. Thus all input tax can be reclaimed. It is only where exempt outputs are concerned are there problems.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.