How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Pension lump sum high rate of tax, am a non tax payer income

This answer was rated:

Pension lump sum high rate of tax, am a non tax payer income under £1000.00. How do I get some of it back?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise what tax form have you received?

Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tax Rebate Form &Deed of Assignment.

Lynda, thank you for your prompt reply.

You have stated that you are a non taxpayer. If you think you are entitled to a repayment, you should complete Form R40 - Claim for repayment of tax deducted from savings and investments.

I think you are referring to a form issued by a third party who would liaise with HMRC to determine your entitlement. This will cost you for the service.

You can download the form from HMRC website here

More information on this can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have the address to send it to.

Thank you for your reply.

Use form R40 to claim back tax if you think you’ve paid too much on savings interest.

If you have employment, occupational pension, Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance or Job Seekers Allowance please send your completed R40 form to:

HM Revenue and Customs
PAYE and Self Assessment
United Kingdom

For other repayment requests send your completed R40 form to the following address:

HM Revenue and Customs
Leicester and Northants (Claims)
Saxon House
1 Causeway Lane

You stated that you have tax on pension lump sum, I would send the form to Leicester address.

Please retain a copy for reference.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.