How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Where can I find exchange rates used by HMRC $/Stg and

This answer was rated:

where can I find exchange rates used by HMRC for US$/Stg and HK$/Stg for the tax year ending April 1997 and also for tax yr ending 2014. Also exchange rates HMRC use for specific days in past tax years. Needed for original cost of overseas asset in £.
Hello, I am Keith one of the experts on Just Answer and happy to help you with your question. You will find HMRC's exchange rates for 2015 here: Look here to pick up rates for 2012 - 2015: I do hope that you have found my guidance useful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you. I had looked at this web-site. Do HMRC accept the average to say 31st March? for any transaction done in the year?

Also what about 1997? to obtain Stg cost of a holding bought then?

This is for self assessment return

Usually, yes. For these historic transactions you need to use the Bank of England rates which you will find on the interactive site here: Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.