How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

There, I am a sole Trader working from home. My house

This answer was rated:

Hello There,
I am a sole Trader working from home. My house is busting at the seems with stock and equipment. I have space in the garden for a wood constructed workshop.
Would I be able to claim the cost of the workshop which will only be used for work 100% as a business cost?
Kindest regards

You won't be able to claim any tax relief for the building structure. However, you may be able to claim capital allowances on fixtures and fittings and integral features. Take a look here for more information.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you