How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Im starting a new job on the 19th of july, its 8weeks

This answer was rated:

Hello, im starting a new job on the 19th of july, its 8weeks on in qatar and 4 weeks off back here in the uk, wil i have to pay tax on the money i wil be earning, as the company will be paying my qatar tax? Thanks
Hello,As you will not be moving away from the UK you will remain a resident. Your foreign income will be taxable in the UK. You can usually claim tax relief when you are taxed in the UK and another country. How you claim depends on whether your foreign income has already been taxed.When you report your foreign income you will also claim the taxes paid in Qatar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply, so wil i have to get intouch with the tax office?
You will need to complete the self assessment of your earnings. This is especially so if the company is not in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wil i have to do that before i start earning though or once i have
You fill it in after the end of the tax year (5 April) it applies to. You need to register if you didn’t send a tax return last year. To register use the following url
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank so i dont need to worry til towards the end of the tax year?
To actually file yes that is correct.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you