How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15976
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Tony, I have completed and filed self assessment for

Customer Question

Hi Tony, I have completed and filed self assessment for 2012/13 with a tax rebate due of £760.00. I am now completing 2013/14 and do not know where to include this figure on the self assessment tax return. Could you please let me know whether I need to
include the rebate figure on the return and if so where? Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
You don't need to include the £760 overpayment for 2012/13 in your 2013/14 tax return as it will be dealt with independently of the 2013/14 tax return. However, HMRC may withhold the repayment pending the submission of the 2013/14 tax return.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.