How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have a rental property that I want to gift to my 2 sons.

Customer Question

I have a rental property that I want to gift to my 2 sons. They will become the Landlords on the Tenancy agreement albeit I will still manage the property maintenance and Tenant behind the scenes. One son is 18 but the other is only 16. Can I gift it to the son who is not yet 18? What other options do I have? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Please advise the part of the UK in which the property is located? With this information I can begin to move on.