How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My Australian company ( a trustee ) has purchased a UK rental

This answer was rated:

My Australian company ( a trustee ) has purchased a UK rental property which it rents out on a short let basis. Rent is collected by managing agent (also responsible for finding tenants) and permission has been obtained for rent to be remitted in gross.A UK/Australia double tax agreement is in place and tax is being paid in Australia. Q. Is there liability to pay tax in UK?
Thanks for your question
Yes there is as the rent arises in the UK - and the permission of having gross status just allows the tax be to paid monthly without deduction of tax but does not negate the UK tax position to still be considered.
But UK property that generates rental income also remains liable to tax in the UK
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you