How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14165
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Are local councils liable Gains tax on the sale

This answer was rated:

are local councils liable for Capital Gains tax on the sale of property
No - they are were not,as they provide affordable housing plus most houses now are owned by housing associations, the council own none. And the housing associations also are not liable to capital gains
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you