How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5318
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

This is a UK self-employed question. I'm going to

Customer Question

Hello, This is a UK self-employed question. I'm going to start streaming myself playing video games on - On this website, the main way people make money is from viewers donating money via Paypal. How would donations in this manner be handled
in regards ***** ***** self-employed. Are they just considered a normal product payment and taxed the normal way?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am of the opinion that these donations would form part of your self employment income. If you are not already registered with HMRC as self employed you should do so when you start streaming. They will then send you a self assessment tax return to complete at the end of each tax year so you can declare your income. They will then send you the bill for whatever Income Tax and National Insurance is due which is payable by the following 31 January. Here is the form you need for registration: I do hope that my reply has shown you the way forward.