How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am working and paying tax here in the UK. However i go

This answer was rated:

Hi I am working and paying tax here in the UK. However i go home to ireland every Wednesday and return Monday. There am for tax purpose resident in Ireland,andw will have to pay Ireland revenue a substantial difference. Any ay i can legally avoid this? become a uk citizen? Thanks Tommy
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on Just Answer.
As you work in the UK then this income remains liable to UK tax, however as you are for residence and tax purposes liable to tax in Ireland, then all you do is declare the income and the UK tax suffered to lessen you Irish tax burden
I am afraid you will and cannot be treated as a resident and therefore just liable to UK tax unless you move to the UK or spend less than 90 days in Ireland so more than 180 days in the UK.
Let me know if you require any furtehr assistance
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you