How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5142
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have been hired to move an exhibition piece to Shanghai on

This answer was rated:

I have been hired to move an exhibition piece to Shanghai on behalf of a hong Kong/ Chinese company, then to accompany it and supervise installation in China.
I am UK based VAT registered.
Do i charge VAT?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Your services are for a company based in China...
Your charges would be zero rated for VAT purposes as it is export outside the EU.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you