How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have a monthly income from buy to let property which adds

Customer Question

I have a monthly income from buy to let property and a state pension and an annuity that has matured.I have made enquiries about cashing in my annunity pension worth £28000 .I would take £7000 out which is tax free and transfer the remainder into an isa or my e savings which I can draw out of when I need it. This remainder will be taxed at 20%. And leave me with about £15000-£16000.
Do I still have to pay tax on my self assessed tax return for this annunity pension as I shalI have already paid tax upon withdrawal as my earnings as a landlady are classed as if I was still working.?
I want to insure that my children and grandchildren do not have to use my estate to pay nursing home fees if I have to go into a care home in the future.
Is it possible to put my properties in a trust (in the names of my grandchildren) which allows me a monthly income until I die.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!