How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I work abroad and am non-domiciled but I send my salary back

Customer Question

I work abroad and am non-domiciled but I send my salary back to my UK bank account. Am I taxed on this money I send back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

Assuming you are non-UK resident in line with the statutory residence test rules summarised here, not necessarily non-UK domiciled, then you won't pay UK tax on your foreign earnings that you send back to the UK. Many non-UK resident individuals working abroad leave their family behind and they have to send money back so that the bills can be paid.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.