How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I want to know if my children are back to live in U.K can I

Customer Question

I want to know if my children are back to live in U.K can I claim tax credit because am at the moment unemployed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question
Are you a British citizen ? If not what Nationality are you
Have you the right to work in the UK and claim benefits ?
Are the children to live you with you permanently
What are their ages and are they at school in the UK (Or been registered for a UK school?
Have you claimed Child Benefit for them ? Or are you entitled to claim Child Benefit
Do you have a spouse/partner that lives with you? What is their annual income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a British Citizen.mi live with my children permanently . I claim child benefit for them. Annual income for 4 children is GBP 2352 .
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response
Then yes there could be claim but this also depends on their ages - and whether you live alone or are in a relationship
Child tax credit will be considered and I have added a link here for you to calculate if anything might be due and a link for contact details from the tax credit office.
For 4 school age children the maximum would be £7900 approx a year
Contact details to request a claim form
Telephone: 0345(###) ###-####
They are open 8am to 8pm Mon to Fri
8am to 4pm Sat
Closed Sundays
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the information. I please I hope I will not be charged any fee again. It is a problem for me because I am not on any income.