How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Dear all, my name is***** work

This answer was rated:

Dear all,
my name is***** work for Chelsea FC and from my P60 my total for year is £ 778.32. My tax code is 1000L. Last month I started a new job as junior accountant. I work 21 hours pw and I get £ 10 per hour. I still have to receive my first payslip. My question regards ***** ***** of tax I am going to pay and if I have to ask my payroll manager the P46 and send it to the HMRC indicating that this job will be my first job. Will my tax code change ? I am studying this with my AAT qualification but I need a clarification as I could not find this information in the website.
Thank you for your attention.
Hello and welcometo the site. Thank you for your question.Silvia, you say you have started your new job that would give you around £210 pw.As this is an additional job (I presume you still work for Chelsea FC) you may be taxed using BR code initially. If you had one job only then your tax code would be 1060L. You would be better off contacting HMRC (the tax Office) and advising that you wish your personal allowance to be given against this job. YOu may be easier on the phone than sending P46.You may wish to contact HMRC online and I have provided the link here More information on tax codes can be found here I hope this ishelpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions,please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes.