How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

How to claimwife's unused tax allowance to add to mine (husband)

This answer was rated:

How to claimwife's unused tax allowance to add to mine (husband) ?

I'm afraid this isn't working very well right now.

You can register your interest in transferring some of your wife's personal allowance by completing the online form here. However, as you will read here, without certain information or documents, the transfer cannot be done. HMRC advice is to call them on the number here so they can try to use a workaround process via national insurance numbers.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Can you explain what is wrong with my answer please. I gave you directions to make the application, explained that taxpayers are having problems with getting the transfer done because of HMRC procedures and suggested as I have to others to contact HMRC directly. What more could I do for you other than complete the online form for you.

I have 36 years tax experience and I really don't appreciate having my answers trashed by somebody who has come to this site and asked how to go about making the claim.

I never second guess the advice of an expert in their field. Perhaps you can do me the service of elaborating on the reasons for your rating as it affects my standing on this site.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you