How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

How can I get my wife's tax allowance?

Customer Question

How can I get my wife's tax allowance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Your question is how can I get my wife's tax allowance -

If your wife's income is £10,600 or less in this tax year ending 5 Apr 2016, she could tansfer up to £1,060 of her allowance to you provided you are a basic rate taxpayer.

You can register your interest in claiming wife's tax allowance by completing your contact details at this HMRC website here

Persons who are eligble for it is explained here under Who's eligible

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.