How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Question, Person has immigrated overseas few years.

Customer Question

Person has immigrated overseas for a few years.
They have intention to come back in a few years.
He works as a self-employed telemarketer from Pakistan and gets paid his commission into a Uk bank, from his clients who are all UK based.
Is he liable to pay tax on these income.
He also has property income, does he need to pay tax on these.
Therefore does he need to do a Tax Return.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site.
Thank you for requesting I help you with your question.

If the person has moved to Pakistan and works from a base in that country, this income is not liable to UK tax as he would be regarded as non-resident in the UK for UK tax purposes.

Property income is liable to tax in the UK and he should report it on his tax return under supplementary pages SA105 - UK property.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.