How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without

This answer was rated:

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without having to complete certificate of residence forms. Although I resided and pay UK taxes I work in Indian and this confirmation is required by the Indian tax authorities
Hello,If you were wanting the confirmation for anything other than claiming residency for tax reasons you could request confirmation that HMRC regards ***** ***** being a resident of the UK , a ‘letter of confirmation’ could be issued instead of a Certificate of Residence (CoR).HMRC would not issue anything about a double tax agreement though without the forms.Indian is requesting the confirmation for double tax reasons so you will need to complete the full forms.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you