How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5141
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My question is that I in my own right

This answer was rated:

Is there any charge for this service please?
My question is that I in my own right had shares in a private company which has now been sold and I have received the majority of the monies from the sale which small amount to follow once final accounts have been completed.
Have contacted the Revenue to ascertain how much Capital Gains Tax I will have to pay after submitting an Assessment to them after 6 April 2016.
If I give my husband an amount ie. £60,000 can we then use both our Capital Tax Allowances for this year to lower the amount payable or because the shares were in my sole name can I only use my allowace of £11,100 please?

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

As the shares were in your sole name before sale took place, you would not be able to share/split the gain and utlise two lots of capital gains annual exempt amount, I'm afraid.

The gain would be chargeable to CGT in your name only.

I am sorry if the news is not what you would have liked.

There is no additional charge for this service as you have already made a payment to JustAnswer.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you this is what I feared. Please note this is a one off question and I do not wish to subcribe in any way and please advise what the cost for this one off answer is.

Christine, thank you for your reply.

As you have already made a deposit, Just Answer would collect the money from you.
I will make Just Answer aware of your comments.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate/accept the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes