How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17161
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

My Father who lived in Scotland has died there, he left his

This answer was rated:

My Father who lived in Scotland has died there, he left his estate divided between my brother and myself approx. £190,000.00 each. There is no inheritance tax to pay in Scotland, will I have to pay any in England when I receive the inheritance?
Hello,If you’ve received an inheritance, you usually don’t pay Inheritance Tax. If no Inheritance Tax is due on the estate, fill in form C5 for Scotland residents, to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).You or your solicitor will need to send the forms with your confirmation (Scotland application for probate).The inheritance is not taxable to you as long as your father did not make gifts in the last 7 years of his life more than £325,000 you would not be taxed now.Please accept my condolences.Let me know if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you