How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

My husband and I are living in the USA after 30 years' residency

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are living in the USA after 30 years' residency in the UK. We just sold a property in the UK and need to report the sale to HMRC. I can't see how to do this as a married couple -- the online form looks like it's designed for an individual to submit. Thanks!!
HelloThe online form is for individual use. If the interest in the property was held jointly, each individual must notify their own share separately.You each complete one showing your percentage (presumably half).Whether you are registered with HMRC for UK tax through Self Assessment or not, you must report each property you dispose of after 5 April 2015 separately to HMRC. You do that using HMRC’s online form.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you