How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I operate as self employed at present and am getting close

This answer was rated:

I operate as self employed at present and am getting close to the VAT threshold - if I change my company to being a Limited company, do I reset the amount I can earn before having to pay VAT?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your problem. If you cease self employment before the VAT turnover threshold of [82K] is reached you have no requirement to register for the tax. A company is a separate legal entity from an individual so can operate without registration if turnover does not reach of approach 82K. I do hope that I have imparted some good news to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I start the 12 months rolling period from zero from the date the Limited company starts

Correct, you have it to a T; from the date the company starts trading.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.