How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My Husband left me in November 2014, I am now living on my

Customer Question

My Husband left me in November 2014, I am now living on my own, I receive a Pension from BT and all of a sudden they aretaking an extra £50 a month Tax from my Pension payment. Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
The fact that you have separated from your husband should have no effect on your tax unless you were born before 6 April 1935.
Can you tell me when the increase in the tax deduction started please. What tax code are you on? If you have the code to hand, can you tell me what is in it in terms of allowances and deductions please.