How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I have just received my P800 and as I am married and born before

Customer Question

I have just received my P800 and as I am married and born before 6-4- 1935 I beleive the calculation is wrong because the Personal allowance is Quoted as £10000 and should be £10660 and I have no Married Couples Allowance which should be £835.50 according to
the on-line calculator .
Please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
There is information on the married couples' allowance here:
The age allowance and the married couple's allowance are restricted if your income is too high but there is a minimum amount of married couple's allowance so you will be entitled to something.
Call the tax on the number at the link below and ask them to review the allowances given and to change them as necessary while you are on the phone. They will then issue a revised P800. The telephone number is ***** and HMRC is open until 4pm today:
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.