Hi Susan If your mother went in person to the bank she could take a document from this list:
• Current signed passport.
• Current UK full (not provisional) signed paper driving licence.
• Current UK firearms certificate or shotgun licence.
• Current Northern Ireland Voters Card (aka Electoral Identity Card).
• Current EU/EEA photo driving licence with signature.
• Current EEA (or equivalent country) National Identity Card signed with photo.
• Current biometric residence permit issued by the Home Office to EU Nationals.
• UK Benefits/State Pension Notification Letter (certified, signed and stating the amounts received) from an official source i.e. Department of Work & Pensions (DWP)/local authority/HMRC/Job Centre. Must be dated within 12 months or current benefit/pension period. Only one type of benefit letter can be used per customer, HMRC Tax Notification e.g. statement of account, notice of coding relating to the current year.
P45/60s are not acceptable. Only one type of tax/benefit letter can be used.
• Current blue disabled driver’s pass (UK only) – provisional photo driving licence with signature.
The UK pension letter may be best for her if she has that.