How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Good afternoon,my national insurance number is ***** XX XX XX

Customer Question

good afternoon,
my national insurance number is ***** XX XX XX A,
my name is***** have today received information about possible tax charge for the amount of £734 I received from PIP as a backdated amount of support because of very serious illness cou
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello Carmine, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
PIP is a non taxable benefit. However, if the payment has been delayed it may bear interest and that interest would be subject to Income Tax.
If you are being charged tax on your PIP this is incorrect, but you can reclaim it from your tax office. Just write them a letter setting out the demand and pointing out that the benefit is actually outside the UK tax regime.
I do hope that my reply has been of assistance. These errors do occur from time to time and a letter usually corrects them.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Post to clear my question list.