How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

In May my accountant sent electronically a claim

This answer was rated:

In May my accountant sent electronically a claim for tax refund.It was approved and the money are in my HMRC account.I have not received them yet despite I call them more than 5 times and wrote a letter of complaint.No explanation,no clear answer...How I can get my money?

Usually the tax office answer told me the money are here and you will receive them  in....weeks.You owe money,but I do not ..they promised somebody will call me to explain what is going on....Nothing.My accountant claimed the mpney several times,called them...the same.

Hi.Your accountant shouldn't leave this to you to chase, however many times he or she has to call HMRC.I cannot offfer you a magic solution but this is what I would do: 1 Call HMRC on the number here and ask to speak to a complaints manager. Do not let the call centre operator offfer to help. Insist on a complaints manager. Explain the situation to the complaints manager and ask them to investigate and expedite your tax repayment. If they appear to offer you little hope of a quick resolution to the problem, then say that you want to make another formal complaint, this time verrbally since the written one appears to have been ignored. Follow the guidelines here. In my experience, the complaints managers investigate complaints thoroughly especially if they are made verbally and are good at getting through red tape. 2 If you are in the self-assessment system, then your accountant should be able to request a tax repayment online. He or she may already have tried that. I prefer the direct approach as outlined in 1 above. It's possble that your case has been selected for a random security check which will delay the repayment. The complaints manager will be able to tell you if that is the case but, given what you have experienced already, you need to call the tax office and give someone a headache.I hope this hel[ps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From July till mid August there was a security check.They told me six weeks and I was waiting


I am employed,but I had worked through agencies at different places

The fact that you worked at different places may add to the delays I'm afraid. Thanks for accepting my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

May be I should wait for P800 as an employee till the end of October and then to complain?What do you think?

If you are in self-assessment, then you won't get a P800. What exactly did your accountant send to HMRC to claim a repayment of tax?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thtough the agencies I am employed.

.He send my P60 and P45 summarised information from different employers

OK. HMRC shouild have all the information from each employer directly by now and that should tie up with the information submitted by your accountant. I'd still do what I suggested earlier if I were you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you