How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have late payment penalty filing the tax

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have late payment penalty for not filing the tax return in HMRC for 2013-2014/ I thought my accountant did it but unfortunately he has not/ So the penalty is £300 plus daily penalty of £900 Can you please tell me how to write off the £900 daily
charge? My maternity leave started March 2014
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. HMRC have, in fact, been soft peddling on penalties of late, so I would be inclined to write to them explaining the circumstances and that Department may relent. I should also be inclined to write to your accountant and demand an explanation of his antics together with a bill for the penalties incurred by his negligence. You could also report him to his professional body if he has one. That is about the only way forward in this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.