How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4797
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

During 2013/2015 tax year I was working in the construction

Customer Question

During 2013/2015 tax year I was working in the construction industry through an agency thus being paid on the umbrella scheme by three different companies. They all deducted employers national contributions but I have received no end of year proof that
this has been paid to HMRC and GOV.UK site says I can claim £2000 back but I cannot find out how to claim this. I asked them to do this at source but nothing happened
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist you with your question. Firstly these errors, if any, cannot be corrected at source as an earlier tax year is involved. Your agency should have issued you with a P60 by 19 May setting out all payments and deductions. You should complain to the agency and also advise your tax office of your employers failure to comply with PAYE procedures. You can probably work out your position from your pay slips. Presumably you are receiving them from the agency? Alternatively, you can write to your tax office asking for a 14/15 statement to check exactly what is happening. Your agency seems to be rather ignorant of PAYE procedures. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.