How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I need to register as self-employed and get UTR

This answer was rated:

Hello, I need to register as self-employed and get UTR number. My question is filling the form SA1 enough?
Hi. The form you should complete and submit online to register as self-employed is here. The SA1 is not for the self-employed as you can see here. I recently competed the first form I linked you to for a new client and it took six weeks to get the UTR. You will get a reference number emailed to you after you have submitted the form so that you will know HMRC got it. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you