How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4945
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My dad is a self employed builder and decorator.this is

This answer was rated:

Hi my dad is a self employed builder and decorator.this is for london area. I normally fill a short tax returns form for him, his taken a business over renting property and a shop . he has started 22nd August 2015, and also whats to hire a employee for
the shop, should i fill the short tax returns form including the business my dads taken over?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it's a inherited letting properties and shop.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to be able to help you with your question. That would seem an appropriate procedure. Remember, that you will have to complete a SA103 for each separate type of self employment as well as a SA105 for the renting business. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if his doing his building work and the shop I would need to fill two SA103 and one SA 105.
I thought I would have to fill the full tax form? Thanks for answer
Always remember that with tax forms you only have to complete those boxes which are applicable and leave the rest blank. Almost certainly the short form with the supplementary ones will suffice. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you so depending on business you have a form for each
Correct; you even have a separate supplementary form for each employment. I recall on one year I had to complete 3 of those!
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Keith this is a great help
Delighted to have been of assistance.