How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I am filing form CWF1 a new UTR Is that

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am filing form CWF1 for registering a new UTR Is that correct?
Can you confirm that you want to register as self-employed for the first time and that you have never had a UTR in the past.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can complete either of the two documents here:
I use the second one as when you have sent it to HMRC via email, you get a reply with a reference number very quickly. The last one I did for a new client took six weeks to be processed and a UTR issued. However, you can use the reference number if you contact HMRC on 0300(###) ###-####to chase it up and they will give you a progress report.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you