How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17218
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Got a tax bill and it should be approx 120k 2 years

Customer Question

Got a tax bill for 180k and it should be approx 120k 2 years and it is still estimated even though they have all the info was up for bankruptcy last week given another 28 days have two properties sold money should be in 2/3 months will taxman give me time to pay
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello,You may be able to either:get more time to paypay your bill in installments by direct debitCall the HMRC office that sent you the letter or have your authorized agent (accountant) call .HMRC may offer you extra time to pay if they think you genuinely can’t pay in full now but will be able to pay in the future. As you have a certain sell happening they may be more inclined to wait so they can get the tax amount.