How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I registered as self employed on 24 march I made no money from

This answer was rated:

I registered as self employed on 24 march I made no money from self employment until June , my start up costs were incurred in march and April amounting to approx 3000 , I am being asked to complete self assessment should I put start up costs in this year when I didn't start earning to new tax year ?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You made a loss in the 14/15 tax year through start up costs and enter your expenses on a SA102S finishing up with the total loss in Box 22. You complete this form in addition to your SA100. This loss can either be offset against any income or capital gains made in the 14/15 year or carried forward against profits in subsequent years. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your excellent support.