How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

There, My uncle has kindly agreed to gift me £300,000 of

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
My uncle has kindly agreed to gift me £300,000 of his savings from China. He lives in China and is a citizen there. I am a British citizen. Are there any tax implication on my or his part if I were to receive this money.
Hello,If your uncle is not a UK resident or citizen then he would have no UK tax reporting or consequence form this this gift to you.You would not have to pay any tax on the gift as it would fall outside the inheritance tax for UK. His estate would not be subject to UK tax rules.
Hi Jia
Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Wanted to touch base with you and make sure all worked out.
Your positive rating is thanks enough