How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4783
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I left the uk with a six thousand pound unpaid tax bill 8

Customer Question

I left the uk with a six thousand pound unpaid tax bill 8 years ago how do i go about sorting this out
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If you have the paper work ie the pay slip then pay the bill; you can even do this at the local Post Office. HMRC will probably send you an further bill with maybe penalties and certainly interest. Otherwise you will have to contact HMRC with a view to settlement.