How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

HiI am a contractor, I work UK based organization,

This answer was rated:

I am a contractor, I work for a UK based organization, however my work is never in United Kingdom.
I am engaged through my company which is in a tax haven.
Am I liable to pay any taxes?

Can you tell me whwre you worlk exactly, what you do and how your worl rota works, eg 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off. Do you live in the UK or abroad? Do you have a home and family in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a consultant. I work all 4 weeks. However my work has been in Asia pacific countries and Middle East.
I have never worked in UK. Never lived in UK
I am engaged through my company in Dubai. Which gets paid by company in UK for the global assignment.

Given that you are clearly not a UK tax resident, you aren't due to pay any UK tax on your earnings even though you work for a UK based organisation.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you