How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15976
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Thank you Tony that has helped, I have been sent a

This answer was rated:

Thank you Tony that has helped, I have been sent a Computation Working Sheet to fill in and there is 2 questions I do not understand. One says "Incidental costs of acquisition" and Capital gains elections or reliefs, not the annual exempt amount and description!
Please explain in simple terms. Thankyou.
Incidental costs of acquisition means expenses such as legal fees, survey fees, stamp duty, search fees, the type of thing that appears on your completion statement.
Elections or Reliefs covers situation such as a gain being deferred because you have invested in a government approved investment scheme which allows you to defer liability to a later year or some of the gain on a property disposal is covered by main residence exemption or letting relief. Take a look at HS283 (link below) for more information.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you