How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have a question about Vat registration. I only register

This answer was rated:

I have a question about Vat registration. I only register for Vat, because I need it for Vat Moss (I am selling digital downloads from UK to other European countries). My turnover will be around 20000/year. That means I'll have a zero on Vat return, but I'll have Vat Moss return around 500 gbp every 3 months. What answer should I give on vat registration question : Estimated value of taxable supplies in next 12 months? Thank you
Thank you for your question.Your registration for VAT is voluntary as your taxable supplies are below the UK VAT threshold.You should put a figure of £20k if this is what your estimated turnover for the ensuing 12 months is.I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just one more thing please, there is a question if I already made any taxable supplies. I did make two sales for which Vat Moss would be 10euros. Info says I should register for Vat Moss until 10th in the month after making supplies. Which would be fine. But they don't mention that Vat registration takes 2 weeks and you can't register for Vat Moss without Vat. I feel very unfair as for me do this in time I would have to register for Vat Before I made any sales, when I wasn't even sure if I Ever will sell anything. I contacted Hmrc with this by email but they didn't contact me back. I don't want to be excluded from Vat Moss straight in the beginning. Do you think I could just write on form that I didn't make any taxable supplies and put those two small sales into another quarter, or not at all? What do you think is the best? I have a proof that I wrote hmrc on email which is for sellers who think they might be late for Vat Moss. Huge thanks
Thank you for your reply. You could request that your VAT registration date be the beginning of the month or beginning of last month (i.e back dated) and then register for VAT Moss. You could account for the two small sales in the following quarter as the amounts involved are small. I hope this is helpful. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.