How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My son is a teacher and working abroad in Kazakhstan he will

This answer was rated:

my son is a teacher and working abroad in Kazakhstan he will be paying his tax there will he have to pay tax in this country after four months when he returns,
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If he spends more than 183 days in the UK in any one tax year the he is liable to Income Tax (IT) on the whole of his world wide income, so the answer in this case would appear to be 'Yes;' his Kayakhstan income will be liable to UK IT. However, all is not lost for there is a Double Taxation Treaty between the UK and Kazakhstan which precludes the same income stream being taxed in both jurisdictions. The is achieved by means of tax credits, tax paid in one country being allowed as a tax credit against any liability in the other. The Treaty does not, however, protect aganist differences in tax rates. He will receive the benefit of this Treaty for the tax he is paying overseas. I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so if its 10% it in Kazakhstan and 20% here then he will have to pay the difference is that right.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if this was my free go and i arranged pay pal to pay £36.00 why do i have to pay again?
Regrettably, yes he will have to pay the difference. As I said the Treaty does not protect against differences in tax rates between countries.
As far as I am aware you do not have to pay any additional fee over and above your original payment to ask follow up questions.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.
To settle your earlier query, 'do you have to pay again for a follow up question?,' the answer is 'No.' If you start a new separate question then the answer is 'Yes.'