Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

If my company is VAT registered and have a turnover in excess

If my company is VAT registered and have a turnover in excess of the £82,000 annual threshold, however all of my sales are zero rated, eg. fresh meat, do I have to pay VAT on my turnover?
Although your turnover is in excess of the £82,000 annual threshold you only pay VAT on standard rated and reduced rated supplies. NO VAT on zero-rated turnover.You will find information on this link here helpful hope this ishelpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much, this makes a big difference, when I am operating at a 21% margin

Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.