How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

No need to use a self assessment this year but how do i get

This answer was rated:

no need to use a self assessment this year but how do i get a rebate for aims shares?
Hi. Are you referring to relief for an investment made under Enterprise Investment Scheme or Vanture Capital Trust?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Read the notes on page 4 of the EIS3 certificate which you should have been given by the company whuc has the investment deatkls and the tax office reference and then complete the claim form on page3 and send it to the tax office at the address here. Keep a copy of the form and chase HMRC on the phone after 4 weeks and every 2 weeks thereafter.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
bought shares in an ISA which recently qualified for relief .I guess I have to request an EIS3?

An EIS3 will be issued by the company in which you invested when it has been approved by HMRC and issued with a tax reference.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you